Friday 10 June 2016

Skills I Never Knew I Had

In January, I went to the local Seniors' Centre along with some wood and started a new project, a wood burnt map of Canada. This was a gift for Al which was to be a surprise. Several times a week, I would make some excuse to Al and go to the workshop at the centre. In the workshop a friend assisted me in learning the skills in order to put together strips of wood, sand the wood and burn a map of Canada on the wood. The finished project was given to Al who was pleasantly surprised with the gift. It will travel with us across Canada, mapping out our path. During our years away I look forward to learning more new skills.
Drilling pieces together
In Workshop
Burning the map on wood
Finished Map
Map in our new home in Paradise, Newfoundland


No comments:

Post a Comment